At HealthPrize, we are changing the way people think about their medication and their health! We enable people with chronic conditions to improve their health outcomes.
If you are seeking more passion than red tape, an environment where hard work is rewarded with great opportunity, and where an entrepreneurial mindset is essential, then HealthPrize may be the place for you!
Our growth is being fueled by work with leading life sciences companies. Join the close-knit engineering team that designs and develops our industry leading patient engagement platform. Hone your skills in an agile, collaborative environment and work with us to measurably improve the state of healthcare globally.
We are looking for self-motivated engineers to join our team to help take our platform to the next level. At HealthPrize, DevOps Engineers (aka Site Reliability Engineers or even Systems Engineers) possess extensive experience designing & operating SaaS platforms on Amazon AWS. They play a critical role in the success of our development teams’ efforts to rapidly & safely evolve our offerings for a global audience. They collaborate well with others, seek input from teammates, and surprise & delight internal & external customers with robust scalable solutions.
At HealthPrize, DevOps includes application delivery, infrastructure provisioning and integration with CI/CD solutions, instrumentation & ops automation. We like to use the right tools for the job and are currently leveraging Elastic Container Service, SQS, RDS (Aurora), KMS, Lambda, Terraform, Elasticache (Redis), Docker, ElasticSearch, Redshift and Ansible just to name a few.
As a successful candidate, you:
- Are an AWS expert with a solid command of abstractions / services such as IAM, VPCs, Route53, and Terraform (CloudFormation)
- Have strong experience as a professional technologist working with a distributed team
- Love to deliver useful services and respond to feedback from the people who use it
- Have experience with ECS and understand how to leverage it securely
- Are comfortable working as part of a hands-on team to collaborate on designs, implementation, tuning and support of our systems
- Passionately measure system performance and scalability
- Are at home on a POSIX-compliant shell (or superset thereof)
- Can successfully communicate with internal and external stakeholders to resolve operational concerns & customer issues
- Are not dogmatic in your technology choices, but have the passion and knowledge to engage in debates about various tooling and technologies
- Are interested in building a reliable, fault-tolerant, multi-tenant platform and delivering it to a global user base
- Know how to scale yourself through scripting & automation and ultimately through mentoring & team leadership
- Knowledge of spring boot web services, Java/Kotlin is also a plus
To apply for this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HealthPrize Technologies is the pioneer in the use of gamification, behavioral economics, and consumer marketing concepts to engage and motivate patients. Programs developed on our platform are used by life science companies to inspire brand loyalty, improve health literacy, and maximize medication adherence and resulting health outcomes.
Many companies say they are entrepreneurial, but we really are, and are looking for people who are ready to contribute and make an immediate impact. We are in the midst of an exciting period of growth as we expand the number of programs developed on our platform and are seeking smart, hard-working, and self-directed individuals who can thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
While we are focused on solving serious health problems, we don’t take ourselves too seriously. If you like to work hard and have fun doing it, you’ll fit right in.
HealthPrize is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. HealthPrize also expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on any of the above.